Friday, October 1, 2010

This Curious Little Person

As soon as Jenn told me were expecting, I knew that to 'expect the unexpected' would be my modus operandi.  It has served me well throughout our experience with Sophia Joyce when changing gooey diapers,  calming her in the wee hours of the morning, or at times when I feel like I cannot fight back the sheer exhaustion that envelops me during the day...as a result from being up late and early.  What has really amazed me in this period of time that I can only describe as beautiful, chaotic, fleeting, and dream-like is the deep, emotional bond that I have with my daughter.  This curious little person whom I have only known for a little over 5 months has become my little girl that has easily, quietly, and completely captured my heart.  I really love seeing the explicit and implicit interactions between Jenn and Sophia.  It appears Jenn is quite smitten with our daughter as well.  The protoconversations between them are nothing short of amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment